Saturday, February 12, 2011

Working on UFO's and making something Sweet

Hello so I'm keeping my promise to blog more often. I have been preparing for our Church's Valentines' Day Banquet on tomorrow and these will be the favors for those who celebrate with us.


At first I was upset because I wanted to use the clear favor boxes but OMG it's so hard to find things locally anymore but Hobby Lobby came through for me. and I ended up with this. What do you think? I feel this turned out okay but finding gold organza ribbon 1/2in wide to tie 100 boxes just wasn't working for me but I think this are turning out fine.




The next project I encountered was my Cherry Bomb hat and cowl set from a few month back and was looking for a button as a closure for the cowl. I got these two which one do you think would look the best I was thinking the white one as there is some white variation in the yarn and it picks up on that pretty well.


As I mentioned in my last post I purchased Cowlgirls and there are some really nice patterns in there and since I got on a Cowl Kick last year that
seems to be my new interest in knitting anyway. Oh before I forget I did make this cap for a lady at my church who kept trying to take mine.


My oldest daughter asked for one in blue so I guess that is what will be getting done in the next week along with a decision of my next big project. I have some sewing I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment