Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and Cardis

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving I surely did and seeing my brother and his family was really nice. My parents outdid themselves with the food. There were 17 of us there and it was enough for all of us to eat well take some home and go back and eat again. Whew.............but I loved it. Here's a pic of the little nieces happily posing together.

Kayla,Brooklyn, Morgan, Bailey and A'Nyiah doing their Diva Girls pose




I've been gone for a while but I'm settling in to my new place and working harder than ever I thought they told us when we went life on EPIC which is the new electronic medical records program things would go smoother and that has yet to be the case. There have however been some completed works and nearly completed efforts. I finally completed my Lacey Ladie Crochet Cardi. I had thought of using a button at the top but my girls thought that it looked fine without one so here it is. I made if from Brown Sheep Serendipity Tweed 3 skeins = 630.0 yards in colorway ST64 Cherry Blossom purchased from Patternworks. This pattern although easy when you get the hang of it and for me that took 3 attempts to get it right for my size was quick and had moments of instant gratification. I have had several request for this sweater but will make it again for myself this time with longer sleeves since I did 3/4 length this time.



And this is my 2nd crochet Cardi from The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet I made it with Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted yarn in Black Purl and Charcoal for the trim and Collar from Eat.Sleep.Knit. This pattern was very easy also and I like crochet because the progress for me is much faster than knitting. You are definitely getting a totally different look with crochet than knitting but I really have wanted to give crochet garments a try and see how hip and chic I could be. I finally found some black buttons to go on my sweater and since I'm off today hope to get around to sewing them on after completing the sleeve.



Well this is all for now I have some work I brought home that I would like to hit while I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment