Monday, May 14, 2012

Been busy with Life.............But Yet Productive

Hello so it's been a while since my last blog post. There's so much going on personally for me as those that follow me know my family is in different stages of recovery from their Oct.2, 2011 accident. I'm very thankful that God has kept them here. We were so happy to have my Aunt come to church with us yesterday and for our fellowship afterwards.


L-R: My daughter Carmen, cousin Shay My daughter Camille,  Aunt Juanita and cousin Niecy



I have also sat back at the machine and made a dress for church yesterday. I used Simplicity pattern 6807.......yes I know it's a top pattern but you can always make them as a dress by adding  length. I had this stretch knit fabric for a few years and finally used it. Let me just say this I improvised a little with this but I was pleased with the results. I did have to seek out a tutorial on how to sew on a neck band using this type of material and I was very pleased with the results. The YouTube video was posted by Willtrainman.How to sew neck band for stretch knits



                                                             Front View

My Modification with the 3 pleats 
Cap Sleeves


the Back View 


Here's a blanket I'm working on With double crochet. It's a part of my Stash Buster endeavor for the year my goal is to use the majority of my Stash for different charities in my area. I'm using Red Heart yarns in black and white. No specific pattern just winging it.



There has also been some card making and even a few scrapbook pages for my lil Nephew





Here are the Scrapbook pages 







2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that your family members are healing. Its good to see your Aunt able to come visit with you. I also have used several shirt patterns and made them into a dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to making more and hope to get a few more dresses made for the hot weather we're having. Stay tuned........

      Delete