Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Working to Stay Inspired........Really Just to keep Smiling

So I just wanted to talk about me. I've been dealing with my failing health for the past four years and I shared a few post back that I had the privilege of having a Spinal Cord Stimulator inserted for 1 week.  The premise is you have the device to see if you can have at least a 50% decrease in your pain level and if this works you become a candidate for a permanent one .  For me this was absolutely the BEST thing I've experienced since 2012 before my nightmare began.  The first thing I realized is that by night 2 I had actually slept straight through a whole night no waking up to spasms shooting down my neck to my arms, hands and chest.  By the 6th day I was trying to figure out how not to give this technical wonder back. 
 
 
 
                         This was the remote control that I used to keep the signal going and when I stood up, sat down or layed down the signal would change.  Needless to say I felt a bit bionic (insert big smile)


                                This was the actual device that has 2 leads that were tunneled up to my neck
to stimulate the areas that cause me so much pain.  This device along with the exposed leads were taped onto my back since it was just for a 7 day trial period. Check out the last picture
 
 
So yeah this isn't my back but I was nearly completely taped and had very bad issues with itching and I still have an area that my skin was burned. 

 
 
I have spent the last few years trying to get some type of relief since having my neck fused in early 2014 and finding out that my surgery developed some complications a few months later.  Unfortunately for a person who's 48 it's hard to get any type of help and I can't work in my current condition because nerve damage doesn't come with an on and off switch.   I don't want to complain but honestly I am frustrated with this whole process of trying to find relief and go through all of the therapies, treatments, changing meds and all of the other aspects of  REAL life that never stop.  I'm thankful for my relationship with God and having the love of my family and my daughters for stepping up to help me.  This is all for now....... Please send up a prayer that my insurance will cover this device so that I can finally have some relief and feel human again.  In the mean time my meds have been increased the very thing I didn't want to have to experience.  But through it all I'm learning to trust in Jesus!!!

Before I leave you this is what I have on my Hook  and this is what's Next
Take care and stay Creative.  I will be sharing my Word of the Year in my next post and you won't want to miss how I documented it so far in my Journaling Bible.  No matter what comes and what goes God has it and us all in the palm of His hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment