Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Challenge Continues along with other Projects

I'm back yet another week with more progress. First, I have to say that it has been a very stressful week with updates with programs at work and all the stress of working in a Doctor's office but as always I'm doing it with a smile and a feeling of being blessed.

I have been lurking in the scrapbooking world for nearly a year now and want so much to really get the groove of being a good scrapper. So I heard and read about the Soulology Project. It is a scrapbook about you that makes you reflect on yourself and I decided that this is where I would start. Here's the first few pages of my book. This is my graduation from high school back in '85 yes my 25 year reunion is in July that's so hard to believe that all those many years have passed by.

This is me and my BFF my lovely Grandmother who passed away in 2000.





Next is the cover of my Scrapbook that tells it all. I'm a happy sing song type of person who loves to be happy even when life throws me lemons and curves. Look forward to having more pages done in the next week but with the work schedule changes and other things in my life I hope to have some new pages to share with you in the next week.






Here's the next Beret that I'm doing it's knit up from Naturally Caron.com Country yarn in Black. Now I have to say that this skein of yarn is very thready and has been knotted back together so the integrity of the yarn is not the best but it looks so good knitted up. This pattern is inspired by ColorShift from Scarves a Knitters Dozen. My oldest Daughter wanted this so bad so in using up the yarn in Challenge drawer to grant her wish.












The next project from the Challenge Drawer is ZigZag Cowl found on Ravelry and is being knitted up from KnitPicks Andean Silk in colorway Cinnamon. This pattern is a nice one and for the first time I did a Picot edging as the pattern calls for. I was intimidated at first because I have never tried it before. It turned out just fine until..............




This is when the ability to laugh at yourself comes into play and I realized that I was knitting the pattern the wrong way. This came from thinking I had it in the bag and now I'm jumping into the Frog Pond yet again. Will frog down to the first knit row after the Picot edging and start the pattern again.




So stay tuned for the next chapter in the Stash busting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment