I posted last month about the knit fabric I ordered from Fabric Mart and I kept looking for a pattern but couldn't find anything to suit my vision that would be figure flattering and acceptable for church. What I did was take an old knit sleeveless dress and layed it on my fabric and cut it out with a 1 1/2 seam allowance. I did a bias trim on the neckline and used a zig zag stitch to get a smooth seam. I didn't do that for the arm holes but think that I will go back and do that later but I'm so very pleased with the results. I'm looking for more fabric and will make several more......this is looking like a TNT (Tried and True) pattern. I have to remember to show a step by step instruction on how easy this is to make. It took less than 40 minutes from cutting it out to pressing my seams. You could easily add to your wardrobe in a Saturday afternoon.
this is the old dress that inspired me to go for what was a good fit and let the material's graphics bring the interest
the finished dress
my finishing on the neckline and the armholes
For those wondering about progress of my Winterberry Rhapsody Wrap I haven't had a chance to make progress due to helping my cousin who had to have her 4th hand surgery in a 9 month period. God is still good and she's recouperating nicely.
Well, I will be ending this post for the time being but there is a lot of great things happening for me and my family and I can't wait to share some projects that are currently in the works. Until next time Stay blessed and stay creative.