Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting Anew 2010 in Review



First let me start by say Happy New Year to all of you. This post is my new start to coming back to the things which make me happy. This includes being connected to all of you here in blogging land. I discovered that life has a way of getting in the way if you let it and I refuse to stop doing the things that I love.

So first things first we moved into a house and I'm still unpacking and trying to get things together. What a blessing this has been even though the first 2 months have been a challenge I'm still very grateful for what we have.

Second, I pledged with 2 coworkers to start WW Weight WAtchers as of today and my weight loss goal is no less than 50lbs but pushing for 65lbs. This is long over due but this needs to be permanent as being over 40 and post hysterectomy things change in your body when you're not taking care of yourself. So I signed up with an online group so I'm really excited about my road to success. I will try to post bout my progress bi-weekly as I also want to start blogging again on a regular basis.

For those of you reading my blog for the first time let me share my interest with you I love knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, cardmaking, sewing and quilting. This year started out productive but by the summer dwendled into nothing but a few knitted projects. No quilting, sewing of any kind a few attempts at scrapbooking but nothing realloy to show for it.

Here is my year of Productivity in review. I got caught up in Cowls and did these as a way of having a quick and rewarding project but challenging myself because of the lacework. Lace was to be my kniche for 2010 with a lace shawl to show for it but that didn't work out at all.


This is the Nocturnal Cowl Made from Malabrigo Silky Merino



I called this one Fire Bird Cowl and Hat




Lacie Cowl was fun to knit



So as you can see and if you check my previous post regarding the Drawer Challenge I really didn't make any progress this year. Didn't sew one thing and nothing quilted either and that just makes me sad. What happened to my MOJO?

The other wonderful thing that was brought my way is my new church family. I discovered that it was a great part of me missing and I found it when I went to this particular church. It wasn't the people but it was the man of God speaking directly to my life speaking life that enriched my life. I am reflectively thankful for what God has done since this time last year when I thought my youngest daughter wasn't going to make it. I have made some decisions and have decided that God is placing me exactly where I need to be to step into the next phase of my life.

Take time out to smell the roses and invite others to do the same. You lose nothing by sharing your gifts with others it truly enriches your life and plants a seed of giving in theirs.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment