Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Few New Things

Trying to keep my promise for blogging this year and I wanted to share a few new things with you. First thing is I haven't talked about my fiance'......yes my fiance'. The old saying it will come when you're not looking for it is so true. Needless to say at this point in my life I am very happy and giving God thanks for all that he has and is doing for me and my family. I look at my family a year ago and things were so different. My youngest daughter's health was touch and go only to be diagnosed this year with Lupus but through it all our faith is very strong.

My new things include this little baby that I'm blogging on right now.

I am so loving this little toy and getting familiar with and back in touch with my crafting world. I love my Android phone but it's nothing like a computer to sit down and be able to type out what you want to share and have the ability to put it in a nice layout. Well now I have been making hats or should I say more like getting requests to make hats for people but with work and church and trying to get the house organized and get myself and my youngest enrolled in school there has just not been enough hours in the day. I did however manage to complete this hat. Yes if you have been following me over the past 2 years you have heard me mention Afya Iboumu author of Get Your Crochet On! Hip Hats and Cool Caps. This one is called Soldier. This was made for one of the ladies in the church that talks about my hats all the time.




The only modificatio I made was adding the crocheted braid with the silver buttons for a different twist. I have a request from my oldest daughter after seeing this one is to make her one in blue to match her coat so I have the yarn now just need to get some buttons to finish it off.

I was at Barnes and Nobles and found this book Cowlgirls as I have loved cowls and the ease in which you can experiment on new stitches as you complete a quick and rewarding project and although sweaters, blankets and socks are rewarding you just have to have the element of instant gratification in there at some point.



The last new thing I wanted to share with you is the other book I wanted so much as I want to make shawls with all the pretty lace yarn I have.




My other new venture is Weight Watchers Points Plus program. I look forward to sharing the new me with all of you. So stay tuned for my journey in all of my new things. have a great day and please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment