Sunday, August 23, 2009

Installment 2 ~ older posts

This is the second installment of my blog transfer posts. I decided that I would take some of the highlights from my old blog and post them over here. These two are from March '09.


Just wanted to stop by as I take a break from life to share what I’ve been up to since my last post. First I would like to share my completed SWAP socks for my partner Cary.



I’ve discussed these socks on several previous posts and this was really good as a get your-feet-wet project

I still have a long way to go in my creativity but this is going pretty well for now. Still would like to know how do better layouts and putting my ideas together.

Well it’s the end of another week and there has been just a little bit of creating going on around here.

I’ve been wanting to give my girls a scrapbook highlighting their life from a Mothers point of view. So here’s The Princess’ first page this story began almost 20 years ago. Stay tuned as her story unfolds. I’m still reading and researching ways to be inspired through this process so hit me up with any tips.

Project Materials:

  • 12 x 12 Glitter Paper
  • Heart Breaker Glitter Embellishment
  • Cricut Cartridge in Doodlecharm for the mounting shapes and to journal
  • page projected by 12 x12 top load projector

Here’s my almost completed socks for my SWAP partner. They are your basic ribbed socks with short row heel made from STR medium wt. in Thistle. I’m really hoping my partner will like my effort. For me the hardest thing about SWAP’s is meeting someone’s standards but I try to give as I would like to receive. But choosing patterns is really hard for me as I’m still learning so many new things to try.

The rule was to create at least one pair of socks for your partner and this is my warm up pair. I have another pair that I will send in the last installment of our 3 SWAP installments. This SWAP has been even more fun because the partners here are sharing what they are using the yarn they recieved with the group.

Well this is all I have for now but there are a few projects in the works. I even have some sewing projects that I hope to have ready to share with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment