Sunday, August 23, 2009

Installment 3~Older Posts

Just stopping back by to show off more FO’s and to discuss a Frogging and plan of how to re-invent a pattern. First, I’ve been doing some crocheting and completed 2 caps one for me and the other for a co-worker after she saw my cap. Both are made with Red Heart……yes, I use acrylic blends but my top choice would be Caron Simply Soft. Well, I talk about that later.

My Cool Cap in Black had to add as a link because I can’t upload pics right now. Once I wore this work my co-worker Rachel asked for one and this is hers modeled by my youngest DD Rachel’s Cap Hope to be able to get this photo gliche worked out soon. I love a blog with pictures.

Well, here we are at the end of another year and I’ve been thinking of all I’ve done this year. It has, by far, been the most productive year since I’ve started any of my crafts. I would like to show off my accomplishments by the categories I create in.

First we have sewing and the big thing that happened to me this year was the discovery of sewing blogs and happened upon Carolyn . She was the one that set in me the drive to step out of my fear of sewing for the new sized me. I was sewing for my daughters and that was going well but I wouldn’t dare make a garment for myself. Not only was this the year to sew for myself it was also the year to learn to read patterns. What I learned this year was to have a good garment you have to plan and take your time to properly execute a fit that in the end is flattering for you. So here’s my sewing garments ‘08 projects

Now on to my crochet projects. This was the year I found Afya Ibomu of Get Your Crochet On. This was actually the only thing I could figure out on my own as a child but didn’t know how to put it all together so now you can link to my crochet hats from Ms. Ibomu. Crochet projects ‘08 I look forward to adding some crocheted garments to my wardrobe in ‘09.

I don’t talk about this craft often but it’s the one that catapolted me into the world of blogging and opened the way to sewing and knitting. So without further ado here’s my Quilting ‘08 project I actually added every quilt I’ve done since starting this craft.

How could I list my projects without including my knitting. Here are my knitting projects for ‘08 there are more projects somewhere around my Flickr so take a cruise.

Now on to 2009

I’m looking forward to managing my time so that all my crafts get some attention and my completed project list is longer than in ‘08. In my knitting I would like to try lace knitting and actually have a few sweaters for myself when it’s all said and done. I would also like to work on having a better fit as the fit of my first sweater my Green Gable is not exactly what it should be.

In sewing I want to learn how to fit my shape better and improve my lining skills as it is my goal to make an outer garment. Sewing should bring about more confidence in projects I tackle and a fabulously flattering wardrobe.

In crochet I hope to create some garments. Honestly, my biggest desire is to write a pattern and actually have it work. I have always created for others and in 2009 I really want to increase my wardrobe with items I created.

I will be keeping a running count of how much yarn I bust through in 2009, I will do more to give to charity through my crafts. I would like to give locally as I feel the need to help my community as we are facing a devastating job loss market here in my region of Ohio.

There will be a monthly review of the podcasts I listen to as they too cover every craft I do. It will be the last Saturday of every month beginning Jan. 2009. I will also try to feature a new pattern from the many pattern books I have not so much that they will be new to you but we can take a look at how it comes together. I would also love to review different products and books that I have as a way of pushing myself to keep busy and productive.

Here’s hoping that you’ve had a wonderful year of creating and learning and growing as an artist and in 2009 I look forward to what the year will bring to all of us in our nature to share the warmth of creating something from a beautiful yarn, fabric, beads, embroidery as only you can.

Just stopping by to share a little bit of creativity with you. I realized that it’s been 3wks. since my last post and although I’ve been gone I have been knitting and planning some sewing projects. I started and finished a Stethoscope cozy only to discover it was too short and the wrong color for my SWAP partner. So, I made another one. I really like this project as it is a very quick knit and a very good way to use up the self-striping sock yarn that had just been sitting in the basket longing to be made into something. Here’s the completed cozy.

I’ve also started on a Cabled Cap from Tanis Gray in Vogue’s On The Go! Cables Mittens, Hats & Scarves. I love this pattern as I was one to always think cabels were just to complicated until I found Fall Cable KAL back in ‘06 and made my Karoake scarf. I’m using Lion Brand’s Wool-Ease in Chestnut. I don’t like that the cable definition is not as detailed as I would like but I will make this again a few times in a merino yarn. Here’s my progress so far……..tell me what you think.

Cabled Cap

Cabled Cap

Erin from Eat.Sleep.Knit had a Black Friday Sale and it was absolute madness. The demand to shop her site made the server crash talk about anticipation. I finally managed to get on and complete my shopping after about 6 hours of refreshing the site. I do have to say that it was really worth it. There was the option to save up to 100% off your order YES, I did say 100% off. I did get 15% off my order and if you spend over $75 USD you get FREE shipping. I also made it to the 5M mark in the Yarnathon. It’s a competition to make the run in yarn from 1M to 26.2M along the way you win prizes and exclusive discounts. If you haven’t joined you should and did I fail to mention her shop carries Malabrigo, Lorna’s Lace and many other lovely yarns.

Well this is all for now as I do want to spend the rest of my evening knitting and dreaming of creating more lovely knits. I’m even thinking of trying lace. Ok, just like cables Lace sends a bit of a tremor down my spine but I’ve always been a daredevil on my road to being creative so I just have to find the right beginning pattern. So if you know of one that jump started your love of lace please drop a comment.

Stay tuned for my Creative Year In Review. I will share a review of my crafts, lessons learned, and my creative prospects for 2009.

I have to admit I’ve been neglectful of my incoming links from my fellow bloggers. Case in point back in July I was so nicely awarded the Arte y Pico award from Aritified that named me as a creative lady she admires. Now let me tell you as I have over the past few years as I discover more talented ladies out in blogland that I totally look up to. This is a very humbling gesture becuase I feel there is still so much I have to learn and perfect in my crafts. To Artified, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the award and I look forward to reaching higher skills in the year 2009.

Now to follow in the spirit of this award I have 5 ladies who blog I would love to give this award to and hope they accept in the spirit in which it’s given. So with a creative drumroll here’s my inspiring picks:

  1. Wonderful Knitwear designer Robyn
  2. Quilt Artist and knitter Pat
  3. She inspired me to sew for myself Carolyn
  4. Shares her talent of knitting KnittyCent
  5. Crochets the most beautiful items Judy

Now I want to share a project that has brought back a love for DPN’s. If you’ve been a regular reader of my blog I was first introduced to knitting in the round with 2 cirs and then I moved on to the Magic Loop method and haven’t had DPN’s in my hands for a while now. Well, since I’m in the medical field and have my Stethescope on my neck most of the day I thought it would be good if I figured out to make a cozy for it. So here’s the pic of my progress so far

Stethescope cozy

Stethescope cozy

I look forward to having more to offer later this week. And before I end this post I have to give a Big Shout Out to all of you who knew America was in need of a change. CONGRATS to President Elect Barak Obama may God keep you and your family as you steer the US into a new direction that has the potential the change our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment